6 Ways to Display Instagram Photos

I can’t even tell you how much I love Instagram. If you follow me (Jess_EC2blog), you’ll quickly find that out. Out of all our social media avenues, IG is definitely my favorite. I comment and “like” things more there than on Facebook. For real! There’s something so charming and fun and real-lifey about Instagram photos and I wanted to figure out a way to show them off  in my house. But even if my version (which is not original, by the way, I’ve seen it done many a time!) isn’t your cup of tea, I’ve rounded up a few other fun ideas of what to do with those cute, square pics.

I found a site called FoxGram that makes ordering your pics super easy. Just sign in using your Instagram account on their site and all your pics load right up. Choose your favorites and
 for 25 cents a picture, they’ll print them and send them out the same day!
It didn’t take long for me to get my prints in the mail, and when I did, I was thrilled with the quality. The pictures are nice and clear and the size is just plain adorable. Love, love, love them. I kind of went buck wild and ordered way more prints then I needed for this project so I sorted them out and decided which would go in my frame.
Since I already has this large frame for our Advent Calendar, it was already set up for me to use. You can check out here how I threaded the twine and adhered it to the frame if you want to make your own. I used the mini clothespins I got from Consumer Crafts (check out our ridiculous haul video here!) a while back and started clipping the photos in the frame.
I love this method because I can change the pictures out whenever I feel like it. Plus, it really adds some personality to our kitchen and makes me happy when I walk in that room.

I love the subtle pop of color in the pictures as you enter the kitchen from the hallway, and I think the dark frame is a nice change from the all-white gallery wall going on in the hall.
I couldn’t stop there, though. I had to find some other awesome ideas to get your Instagram juices flowing. Take a peek!
Instagram Friendly Softcover Books from Artifact Uprising
DIY Giant Instagram Frame from The Handmade Home
iPhone Cover from Casetagram
DIY Instagram Coasters from A Nerd Like Me
DIY Instagram Necklace from dot coms for Moms. Isn’t this soooo cute?! Like a modern day locket.

Don’t forget to follow Monica, too, @Eastcoastcreative! What do you do with your Instagram photos? Leave us a comment with your IG name so we can follow you and add to my Instagram insanity. :)
Linking up to: I Heart Naptime

Comments

I. LOVE. INSTAGRAM!! I wonder if people wonder if I actually do anything during the day other than take photos on it. Thanks for sharing these ideas! I can’t wait to try them.
    IG id – one_blessed_lady

Jamie

I don’t do anything with them right now, but I would love to! Your idea is great! I might just have to do it too. :) I’m akaytaylor on instagram

I love your version of displaying the IG photos. I have been dying to make myself a twine frame like that. I want a REALLY big one though. I have a wall right as you come down my stairs that would be perfect for it. I plan on hanging pictures during the year but maybe switching to hanging my cards there during the holidays. Ah, you just inspired me to find a frame! I am going thrifting RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND!….. =]

Oh and thanks for the info about FoxGram, that’s pretty awesome!

I just bought 60 instagram pics…now I’ve got to find a frame, some twine and those teeny little clothes pins :) This is a great project,thanks for the inspiration!

New follower…I was directed to your VDay sheets idea from Pinterest. LOVE it, and all the rest! My IG account is @aelsbernd … Love the display ideas!

Jess,I had this on my pintrest board from Becky Higgens.com:
    “This display of recent favorite instagram shots. She didn’t use any sort of template for this, but rather created a 16×20 canvas, reduced the size of each image to 2″ and manually placed each one on the digital canvas. She saved the final draft as a .jpg, uploaded to Costco.com and had the 16×20 printed for $6. “
    The photo looked great..so many people with so many great ideas!

Jess,I had this on my pintrest board from Becky Higgens.com:
    The photo looked great..so many people with so many great ideas!

Jess,I had this on my pintrest board from Becky Higgens.com:
    The photo looked great..so many people with so many great ideas!

Hey! awesome ideas here. I have also just started blogging for Printicular about tips on how to display printed Instagram photos. These ideas are all really cool and I hope they do inspire people to do creative displays with their own photos.

Trackbacks

1. […] I have never been into scrapbooking. Ever. I’ve seen some amazing scrapbooks and have met some really talented scrapbookers, but me? Not enough patience. But then Instagram came along with all it’s charming filters and immediate gratification.  I’m obsessed with Instagram and have hundreds of little 4×4 prints hanging around my house.  A while ago, I showed you what I do with all the IG prints I’ve had printed with this simple frame project: […]