This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of FrogTape brand painter’s tape. All opinions are 100% mine.
Sometimes it can be a little intimidating to paint an object like a lampshade, paint is permanent so you really don’t want to mess up your design. But, fear not FrogTape® Shape Tape™ is here to the rescue! You don’t need to be a creative genius to use it, the design is already pre-cut into the tape. It comes in three shapes; chevron, wave, which we used, and scallop. Here’s a look at what I did, let me know what you think.
White lamp shade (this one’s from Ikea!)
FrogTape® Shape Tape™ in Wave
Foam paint brush
Instructions are incredibly easy…
1. Cut the FrogTape® in small sections. Because I didn’t use this on a wall, but on a circular item, I cut the tape into small segments so that it wrapped around the shade more evenly.
2. Peel one side of backing away and align the Shape Tape™ where you want it. Peel the rest of the backing off and tape in place.
3. Adhere the tape to the shade, beginning at the seam. You’ll need to make adjustments as you go around the shade, so there might be some creases in your tape. That’s no big deal- as long as the bottom of the tape is secure (where you’ll be painting), you’re golden!
4. Continue all the way around the shade and seal the edges with your fingers. The great thing about the FrogTape® Shape Tape™ is the PaintBlock® Technology, which is an absorbent polymer that helps to prevent your paint from bleeding.
5. With a foam brush, apply the paint, making sure to off-load the excess paint before starting. Also, brush away from the edge of the tape, not towards it! Be patient- you’ll need to do several coats of paint so that when the light shines through, you don’t see any splotches.
Ahh….crisp lines. There is nothing better!
I love the ease of using the FrogTape® Shape Tape™ to turn my boring lamp shade into a chic piece that can now be used to dress up any room in the house. It compliments the decor in this space and adds to my rustic beachy theme. To see more creative ideas using this product, follow the makers of Shape Tape™ on Twitter @FrogTape.