Before we get into today’s post, we wanted to take a minute to stop and express our extreme sadness over what happened in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday. We know that the Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and we pray that that is true for every person affected by this tragedy. Please keep those sweet children and their families in your prayers as you go through this holiday season and beyond. If you’d like to help in some way, you can donate here.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
A few weeks ago we filled you in on one of our most-anticipated holiday traditions: a Favorite Things Party (we even explained what we do in a fun video which revealed that we really are dorks). To make it even easier for you to host your own, I created this adorable chalkboard-inspired printable invitation.
Well, because our girlfriends have such great taste, a recap of all the gifts is in order, don’t you think?! You know Monica and I can’t resist creating pretty things, and our gift packaging was no exception. Let’s take a peek:
Monica used the fun wrapping accessories she talked about here. Each girl got a mason jar of “Melted North Pole Snow” and a striped paper bag with a super cute wood tag. I’m not going to tell you what her gift was yet, because she’s going to show you later this week. It’s a good one, friends. Definitely worth the wait. 🙂
I wrapped my gifts using paper from Target (is there any other store?!), gray and white bakers twine and little paper tags that I hand-stamped with my mini alphabet stamps. Lest you think they were perfect, take a look at Monica’s tag.
Haha. Oops, ran out of space, and then the dog licked the tag and smeared it. 🙂
Our Girlfriend’s Gifts
Before we open any gifts, we go around and guess what we think each girl brought. It’s fun to see how well you know each other. It turns out that I don’t know them very well I’m a bad guesser. Without further ado, here is our list of favorite things from our closest gal pals to you!
1. Our most stylish friend, Jen (sorry everyone else!) brought homemade Candy Cane Sugar Scrub. I don’t what recipe she used, but I found a recipe you can make for yourself here. She also gave us Eos Lip Balm, which is fabulous if you’ve never tried it.
2. My gift was so random. It included Brownie mix, because I’m obsessed with the batter. True story: I bought 6 boxes (one for each girl), but the night before the party I got hungry for brownie batter and used one of the boxes. My poor sister got jipped that night, but I made sure to buy another box for her later! Good thing she loves me anyway.;) I also gave Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara which I shared my love for back here. I totally dig that stuff.
3. My sister Chrissie’s most favorite thing is getting a large Diet Coke from MacDonald’s whenever she can, so we all got a gift card to Mickey D’s, along with her favorite candy: Reese’s. Her gift wins as most unhealthy, but also the most yummy!
4. Lindsey, our tell-it-like-it-is-friend (which we love, by the way!) gave us some pretty pink lace undies from Aerie and her most-used spice: Tony Chachare’s Creole Seasoning. She promised us she’d give us her famous jambalaya recipe, as well. (I haven’t forgotten, Lindsey! I’m coming after that recipe!)
5. Steph, our socially-conscious, health food-nut friend, (remember last year? She gave us Spelt flour. Hilarious) gave us her favorite bag from Worthwhile Wear, the company she and her husband started to help save women from human trafficking. Most meaningful gift for sure, but super cute and functional, too!
6. Jen, the sweet, sensitive and ultra-caring book junkie, gave us an Amazon gift card in a handmade card, which just made my day. I love downloading books to my kindle, and now I can do it without feeling guilty!
7. (Or 8, if you look at my picture above. I clearly can’t count correctly) was Monica’s gift, but like I said, you’ll just have to wait to see that one!
Sadly, we didn’t get a group shot of the seven of us, even after I made an announcement that no one could leave until we had done so. That’s two years and counting that we have more pics of the presents, than of our friends. Boo for us. There’s always next year, I guess! 🙂
So, if you came to our party, what would YOU bring?
The comments +