Here’s what you need to make your own:
-Rope of any kind(I found this utility multi-colored utility rope at the dollar store)
-Large Hurricane Vase (found at Target for $2!!)
-Hot glue gun
2. Wrap regular ol’ tape around the ends to prevent fraying (don’t worry- you won’t see this in the end!)
3. Using one cut rope as your template, cut the remaining rope into however many strips you need. Cover the ends with tape.
4. Starting at the bottom of the hurricane, place a line of hot glue around the entire base. Immediately lay your first length of rope around the hurricane. Put a dab of hot glue on both ends and attach them together.
5. Do the same with all of the rope, making sure that ends match up to create a seam. Other than the rope at the bottom of the hurricane, I only put hot glue at the seam, the back and then the other side of the seam of each rope (not all the way around- I’m so cheap I don’t like to waste anything!)
It looks messy, but the glue comes right off the glass with a little warm water and some scrubbing.
7. Flip your hurricane upside down, cut your ribbon to the desired length and hot glue to the underside. Be sure not to leave too much ribbon, because that plus the glue can make your vase wobbly.
Ta-da! I’m sorry, Mr. Berkus, but I’m kinda partial to my version. Thanks for the idea!
Linking up to: Tutorials & Tips