Yesterday we were talking about the sad state of my Billy Bookshelves. The first fabric wasn’t right, so we’re going to this fabulous orange. Can’t wait!
I also showed some re purposed items that I found around the house… Armed with lots and lots of spray paint, I went to town…
1. Black and Red Book end… meet eggplant spray paint
2. Old-school style metal frame… gets a little navy
3. $1.00 letter needs a little yellow lovin’
4. Mr. and Mrs. lookin’ fine like a disaster… OMW this was such a disaster! I must have tipped these guys over in the grass 100 times.
Did I mention that sometimes I’m impulsive and not the most prepared DIYer?
But in the end… All Worth It!
5. Now this is where I might have gotten a little carried away… My kids were losing it!! How will we ever know where places are Mom? In my defense, it was in the basement and I didn’t know they ever looked at it… looks like I’m buying a new globe!
6. This little flea market find has been waiting for a purpose…
Ok, one final picture, that sort of makes me laugh…
I sprayed the picture frame, but can you guess what else????
Yep, the candle! It once was green! (I fully recognize I have issues!)
See what you can do with a little color? I can’t wait to top it off with new fabric and then reveal the finished product (and I promise not to take night pictures again- ugh… the colors are awful!)
So, what have you spray painted? Is anyone as addicted as I am?