- Old tire – Mine still had the rim… it will still work if it doesn’t.
- Plywood – One circle for the base and one for the top. My plywood is 1/2″ thick.
- Legs – Get creative! I used wood but you could use an upside down flower pot, metal, or buy pre-made legs from Ikea. This tutorial will show you how to make wood legs.
- Rope – to disguise the tire. I used 350 feet (yikes!) of 1/4″ sisal and manila rope sold in little bags at Home Depot.
- Glue/Screws/hardware to attach the legs – This will vary depending on what legs you get.
- Construction Adhesive – To glue the tire to the base and the rope to the tire. I used Liquid Nails.
- Basic tools – This will vary depending on what your base is made from. I used a jig saw to cut the circles. A chop saw, table saw, and jig saw the cut the legs. Drill to attach the legs.