It’s actually incredibly hard to believe that we are 2 years in to this whole blogging thing. Last year we celebrated our one year blogiversary with loads of talented guest posters, giveaways and fun facts about our crazy first year. This year, we have soooo much going on that we just couldn’t swing all that, but we still wanted to recognize some of the funny, ridiculous and amazing things that have happened to us over the past two years. But before that we want to thank YOU guys, whether you’re a brand new reader or have been here for the long haul, for your support and encouragement to us. We would be nothing without you guys!! So thank you. Now, for the fun part;
Three Posts We Wished We’d Never Written
We seriously laugh out loud sometimes about the posts we wrote when we first started. Let’s just say it took us awhile to figure out our niche. 😉 I’m sure there are tons of other lousy posts, but these are a few of the ones we love to hate.
1. In our second month of blogging we wrote a post entitled, For All You Tomboys Out There about how to braid your hair. Ha! As if we are experts about anything related to hair. Hilarious. (Our friend, Jen, did the braid, and she IS awesome at doing hair, but us? Not so much.)
2. I threw an Angelina Ballerina-themed 3rd birthday party and posted about it way back when. The party was cute enough, but nothing over the top, and the pictures are pitifully bad. The funny part is that this is one of our most successful posts! I guess there aren’t too many people throwing Angelina birthday parties??
3. Monica shared her adventures in trying to DIY a belt out of fabric in this post. Even her daughter was like, “Ewww….Mom, don’t wear that.” Love that.
Blog Design for Beginners
We prided ourselves on doing everything by ourself- including our blog design. We did ok for novices, and actually have done everything related to the way our blog runs and looks ourselves until the last 6 months or so. Now, we happily turn our ideas over to Kim, at 733 Design, for our custom blog design. Anyway, take a look at the way things used to be…
Header 1… Designed at 12am the night we randomly decided to start a blog…
Header 2… About 3 months in…
Header 4… this one lasted about 2 minutes. We hated it!
Header 5… this one lasted for almost a year until we had to play the name swaparoo game…
Ahh… How much we love Kim and her design expertise. She “gets” us and did a great job on our logo and header!
Five Incredible Opportunities
We’ve Received as a result of this Blog
All that goofiness aside, we have been blessed to have some awesome experiences because of this little ol’ blog and we’re sure we’re on the verge of lots more.
1. The Nate Show: Last year we had the priviledge of being on four episodes of Nate’s 2011-2012 season and it was a blast. Nate is a sweetie, and we fell in love with live TV, for sure. This will forever remain as one of the highlights of our blogging careers.
2. Mexico: Thanks to our buddy, Nate, we won a trip for 6 days to Cancun, Mexico that totally rocked. We had such a blast with two other girlfriends and enjoyed loads of down time and really great food. Without this blog= no Mexico= sad girls.
3. HGTV Magazine and Ladies Home Journal
4. Feautred on Young House Love! I think every blogger wants to be featured by John and Sherry (if you’re living under a rock, they are THE biggest and most successful home bloggers out there) and we got our opportunity with the Guest Room Makeover we did for a friend. Check that off the bucket list.
5. Creating with the Stars. It’s crazy how things come full circle, isn’t it? We LOVED being a part of this contest, and are even more thrilled to be hosting it this year! Speaking of CWTS, TODAY is the last day to enter your projects! Over the next week, we (with the help of the 12 stars) will be poring over the submissions to choose the best contestants! Don’t forget- the contestants and their blog star partners will be announced next Friday, March 1st! Get excited, people, get very excited.
So, we’ve shared our highs and lows from the past two years, and again we want to say that we are so honored to have had you on this amazing journey with us. 2013 promises to be our BIGGEST year yet, so hold on tight, we’re all in for a crazy ride!
In honor of 2 Rockin’ Years of Blogging, we’re gonna open the floor for a little Q and A… Leave a comment asking us anything under the sun and we’ll respond. It can be about blogging, life, our friendship, how to braid hair (haha!) or whatever you want to know. We’ll comment back throughout the day! So… what do you want to know??